Watch this video on YouTube from May 2008 because the messages are still spot on. Although the video focuses on the educational system (Kindergarten through 12th grade), several of the messages are relevant to corporations and professional enterprises.
There are a few concepts and ideas presented in this video that really grabbed my attention – such as:
- Learners are effective content developers and ommunicators
- Learning is about relationships, communites, connectivity, and access
- Learners are living in a “nearly now” space where they no longer have to wait ages to get the content and discussion they need today – and where they have more opportunities to reflect, research, and test new ideas without the same pressures experienced in traditional learning systems
- It’s about providing the best quality trainers and experts to learners no matter where they live and work
- We have a classroom system when we could have a community system
- The vending machine approach to training will not prepare people for the workplace
- Learning is not about memorizing facts – it is about being able to find, validate, synthesize, leverage, communicate, collaborate, and problem solve with the facts, ideas, and concepts
What are your thoughts?