Continued organisational change is producing flatter, more flexible and responsive organisations with work cultures that support employees to be more autonomous, innovative and more customer-focused than in the past. Workers now require a wider range of capabilities, skills and technical know-how to operate in these new environments. How can we incorporate training into workplaces in ways that support this new type of worker?
Starter for 10 – some ideas worth considering
- tailor the learning to the learner
- give learners more control
- empower trainers as effective managers of learning
- encourage collaborative learning and interaction
- use virtual training environments
- communicate better with business leaders about the returns gained from training